‘We are all in this together’
For details on the status of travel and restrictions in place in Australia on a state by state basis and for information on COVID-19 Resources ‘click here’
For the most current information on Australia’s borders please visit this link COVID-19 and the border (homeaffairs.gov.au)
The following information may address some or all of your questions and/or concerns.
Protecting all – minimising risk.
- Our operational team members are issued with face masks and hand sanitiser and will maintain 1.5metres distancing from each other whenever possible while working on site and in our warehouses, they have gloves available too.
- Team members check their temperatures before commencing work each day and confirm they are fit for work; if any develop Covid-like symptoms they must get a Covid test and isolate in accordance with government health rules, then obtain a doctors clearance before returning to work.
- Frequently touched surfaces in our offices, vehicles and warehouse are subject to increased cleaning and disinfecting.
- Office staff that can work remotely are doing so
- We check with our customers before we arrive at their home to enquire about the recent health and travel history of those there, to determine whether anyone residing there is self-isolating or displays Covid like symptoms.
- We follow government health regulations and guidelines.
The spread of COVID-19 has led to challenging times for all of us in Australia.
As an Essential Service, Nuss Relocations is continuing to operate and maintain services, focused on protecting everyone: employees, customers and the community at large. As each day passes, the COVID-19 landscape changes and so information will need to be updated, we will endeavour to do so on this page.
We have set up this dedicated ‘Information hub’ for updates and information during the COVID-19 health alert and to inform our clients about the steps and contingencies we are taking to help keep everyone safe during the Coronavirus outbreak while we maintain our services, safely.
Some of our team are working remotely which may result in slightly longer response times on our ‘phones, please bear with us, our team is committed to maintaining service even if it may sometimes take a little longer than we would like to communicate.
If you have booked a Pre Move survey, or have a moving crew booked to attend at your home but you or someone in your home are in self-isolation or unwell because of COVID-19 (coronavirus), or have recently travelled overseas, please call us now on +61 (0) 2 9425 4600 to postpone arrangements.
- Our crews have been separated into 2 groups that do not work together.
- regularly wash their hands with soap & water or hand sanitiser,
- are issued with face masks to wear while working and as mandated by government health regulations
- have gloves available and avoid infringing the ‘social distancing’ guidelines to the extent possible while working.
- will report to us immediately if they or colleagues display any Covid symptoms and will attend for a Covid test and follow the resulting isolation protocols before being signed off to return to work.
- will refrain from pre Covid courtesies such as hand shakes and will request clients use their own pen when signing papers.
- will ask customers to remain at a distance during the moving services and may ask them to keep doors and windows open where conditions allow
- where possible, on deliveries, may ask customers to provide simple floor plans to indicate where furniture is to go, so minimising contact
- We ask our customers to provide access to a dedicated bathroom or washroom for crews to regularly wash their hands while working in homes.
Pre Move Survey
We are still carrying out some ‘physical in home’ surveys but are able to undertake a pre move virtual survey via video call as an alternative to physical attendance at homes; a virtual survey enables us to assess our needs, the volume and packing requirements without the need to come into your home. To do this our customer uses their smart phone and a trained surveyor will remotely guide you through the process. Alternatively, we can carry out an assessment over the ‘phone by making a written record of what we are told is to be moved or our customers can provide a written list which we will work from. Whatever is preferred by our customer is what we try to do.
Our surveyors have and use hand sanitiser and facemasks in accordance with government regulations and best practice, they also have gloves available and have daily temperature checks.
We are still able to conduct orientation and settling in programs but procedures vary by state and LGA. Additionally, some Real Estate Agents are implementing their own (additional) rules to reduce risk to tenants currently occupying properties, some will not allow property viewings until the property is vacant, others are extending the viewing times and limiting the number of people through at a time. Others are using virtual tours or arranging ‘one on one’ tours.
In areas where ‘lockdowns’ exist or are introduced, procedures and service capacity can change at short notice: we comply though at all times with government advice and regulations and any contact between our clients and team members will be subject to PPE such as face masks, hand sanitiser use, gloves (if appropriate) and daily health check protocols as mandated.
We will check with transferees the day prior to service to understand what exposure anyone in their family and/or home may have had and will then make decisions accordingly on a case by case basis. Our aim is to maximise the safety and security of our transferees and staff.
What else are we doing to ensure continuity of service?
- We have established remote working for all office team members with appropriate safeguards
- We maintain daily communication and updates with the Australian and overseas offices of our moving partners
- We ask our customers to provide access to a dedicated bathroom for crews to regularly wash their hands while working in homes.
For more information on COVID-19 please visit the Australian Government website click here